Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Grief

There is a woman in my neighborhood, whom I've never met. Her name is Amy. Many a Sunday I see her husband walking to a nearby church with their children. I know that she's 37. I know that she homeschools. I know that she is dying of breast cancer.

She has chronicled her story here. She is a beautiful writer, and I believe her story is an encouragement to many. She has peace - a peace that passes all understanding, yet, as I read her blog, I am overrun with grief for this woman I don't know, and for those who call her Mommy, daughter, wife and friend. I wish it could be different for her, but as I read through the comment stream on her last post, I am blown away. God's grace working through her life has ministered to many, many people. Maybe her strength will touch you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment